Jewish Family Services (https://www.jfsneny.org) is an organization located in Northeastern New York that has been providing a continuum of support, services, and resources for individuals and families of all ages since 1854. They provide and serve people of all backgrounds, while also meeting the particular needs of the Jewish community.
Their Mission - To enrich the lives of individuals, families, and the community by providing compassionate, collaborative human services, guided by Jewish values.
Their Vision - A resilient community where everyone, at all stages of life, is supported and empowered to care for themselves and each other.
Their Values - JFS uses the Jewish values below to guide their approach and accomplish their mission:
- Kavod – Treating each individual with respect and dignity
- Gemilut Hasidim – Approaching all people with loving kindness
- Tikkun Olam – Helping to repair the world
- Rachmanut – Offering compassionate care for the vulnerable
- Nedivut – Committing to meaningful generosity of heart and hand
- Achrayut – Taking responsibility for the individual and the community
With their mission, vision, and values in mind, JFS provides many programs and services, not limited to but including:
- Counseling for anxiety, isolation, parenting, bereavement, and more
- Outreach & Support for care management and general support to aid clients with life challenges
- Virtual Groups for parenting, student stress, bereavement, and senior support
- Grocery Shopping & Delivery for older adults and families who cannot travel to the grocery store
- Free, Fresh Food for seniors and families in need
- Kosher Home Delivered Meals for people over 60 who can no longer prepare their own meals
Hi Love provided financial support to JFS during the month of September as part of our ongoing #ShareTheHiLove Campaign. We thank you for your contribution!