Tips from the Top: Melissa shares takeaways from Mark Cuban talk |
Have you thought “outside the box" - i.e. your home - yet? Or are you still caught up in the shock and news of the day!? I would be fibbing if I said I had thought outside the box since this all started, but I had not until JUST TODAY….it hit me…
I recently had the opportunity to listen in on an interview with Mark Cuban on “resilience” as it relates to business today. I wanted to pass along a few of the tips that Mark shared that I think you might find helpful too. But before we dive in – Mark opened his talk by sharing how he got to where he is today and although there were many factors the word that penetrated me the most was one word – HUSTLE!
Diving in, here we go…
- Ask vendors & partners for help and look up their resources – Everyone is giving a little now so don’t be shy about asking or researching all the resources that your partners might be providing.
- Communicate with your employees – be transparent and honest as to what you need and how they can help more.
- Agility – Find a way to pivot and look for new ways to do business.
- Prioritize - #1: Where are your sources of revenue be it inventory, a service or otherwise… and find innovative ways to market your product or service.
- Apply for government assistance programs – become an expert on them and don’t expect someone else to guide you… guide yourself.
- Find out what your customers really want (not just what you like), what is important to them and feed them that information.
- Check-in with customers, make the personal phone call or email just to say hello and show you care.
- Bringing you helpful information in heavy times in hopes to make things lighter on you in the future.
Want more? Was this helpful? Feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Stay Healthy & Be Strong,
Founder & CEO